Black-browed Mollymawk (Thalassarche melanophrys) - source
A CROW TRIED TO GO IN OUR CLASSROOM AND HE HAD A PEN
he just wanted to learn
insert raven and writing desk joke here
GODDAMMIT GODDAMMIT FUCK
IS ALL OF THAT PURRING COMING FROM THAT TINY THING
OH MY GOODNESS IT’S SO VOCAL IT’S ADORABLE!!!
siamese cats are the best. i want 50.
my lil siamese babies do this and its the BEST
supposed to be at work super early and in like six hours?
why not write fic instead!
I have had some real winners this holiday season, but today at work I got one that really did it. I almost lost it at his incredible display of rudeness and I almost told him to fuck off. If you know me, you know that I tend toward the tear-up-and-shut-down when it comes to confrontations, so the fact that this guy got me that mad is really saying something.
you know after looking at that weather map I just reblogged what stands out to me other than the terrible heat death that is florida is how glad I am to no longer be living in the part of the lower 48 where the prairie gives no resistance whatsoever to the invasion of arctic air. I mean -26ºF? FUUUUUUCK THAAAAAT.
I don’t think Florida’s even a real place anymore.
gdi jim tagging me like this how very JIM of you.
okay here goes
1. I once had a major sledding mishap in the prairie hills and coulees near my childhood home. said mishap involved losing my sled on the way down and finding prickly pear cactus beneath the snow. with my ass. the walk back home and negotiation of the barbed wire fence in the way was awfully fun.
2. I have a fear of swimming in freshwater after too many childhood encounters with leeches.
3. for years I believed my dad’s story that the northern lights were due to sunlight or moonlight reflecting off chunks of ice floating in the ocean. this despite living several thousand miles from the ocean. when I learned the truth about the earth’s magnetic field and charged particles from the sun I was very upset with him.
4. when I was young my soda of choice was diet pepsi (tho I called it pop, not soda, back then). in college I abruptly switched to diet coke due to the campus availabilities. after enduring kidney stones brought on by the excess of phosphorus I now no longer drink soda except for occasional lemon/lime ones (preferring sierra mist). so living in the south where sweet tea is the thing is quite pleasing to me.
5. I have visited 34 US states and the District of Columbia, but only one other country (of which I have visited four provinces).